Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Buzopat Charity Ball Rocks Lagos On Sunday



All is now set for ‘Buzopat Charity Ball’ a passionate self sustained effort to raise funds to empower four (4) less privileged homes. This year’s event which has been laced with a lot of entertainment and comedy will hold on Sunday March 6, 2016 at Golden Tulip Hotel, Festac Lagos at 3pm. The yearly Ball which is aimed at raising funds, increasing awareness, empowering and also paying school fees for disadvantaged but brilliant school drop outs has become a yearly event for empowerment.
According to the CEO, Meljenstin GroupAmb. Chibuzo Patrick (FCGM) aka Buzopat, “We want to plea that nothing is too small, some people have the heart to care but they don't have the means, that's why we are here, please join us let's bless them together. We can never achieve this without your help and partnership. Kindly assist us financially, educational materials, medical products, mosquito nets, wheel chairs, food stuffs, clothes, electronics, provisions, pampers size 3/4/5, cosmetics or anything you can donate, no amount is too small.
The homes will also need pharmaceutical drugs, products, wheel chair, toys, food stuffs, clothes
Buzopat also said, “We are going all out because Foundations that are truly affecting lives in the communities are voiceless, our society identify with and already made whereas these ones struggle without hope.
Just know that a thousand of candles ‎can be lit from a single candle but d life of d candle will not be shortened. Passion drives me!” of all ages, computer, laptops, DJ turn tables, electronics of any type.”
Whatever God lays in your heart to use to assist please call her on 08033016279. May God bless us as we do this together. So come, let us Ball with them.

Ikorodu Kidnap Update: 'Pay N20m Per Student, We Shall Free Them'



Kidnappers of the three Ikorodu students has on Wednesday March 2, 2016 asked the management of the school and any of the parents who still wished to see her girl to bring a ransom of 20 million naiar or forget ever setting their eyes on their children.

The kidnappers who stormed Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary, Ikorodu, Lagos, Monday night, abducting three Senior Secondary School female students reduced the ransom to N20 million per student from their initial requirement of N100 million.

As at midnight Tuesday, the kidnappers had demanded for N100 million for each student, but it was alleged that after a passionate plea by their contacts in the school, they have decided to reduced their demands to N20 million. Besides, the kidnappers have been discovered to be militants turned vandals.

Photo: The Face Of Ese Oruru’s Abductor, Yunusa Yellow

Yunusa, also known as Yunusa Yellow, who is currently at the Police Force Headquarters in Abuja, ran commercial tricycling business in Bayelsa State.

He left Bayelsa in August last year with Miss Oruru to Kano, where he converted her to Islam and planned to marry her.

In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, Mr. Yunusa’s father, Dahiru Bala, claimed his son is 22-year old.

Police authorities said on Tuesday that Mr. Yunusa would face criminal charges for abducting the teenager from her home.

OPEN HEAVENS THURSDAY 3RD MARCH 2016 TOPIC: WORK: A DIVINE MANDATE

 
OPEN HEAVENS THURSDAY 3RD MARCH 2016

TOPIC: WORK: A DIVINE MANDATE

Memorise:

But Jesus answered them, My father worketh hitherto, and I work. John 5:17

Read: Genesis 2:8-11

8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

MESSAGE:

It is amazing to know that even though the work of creation ended millions of years ago, the Creator is still working on His creation. The Father has not gone to sleep like many biblical scholars and theologians believe. The Trinity is still very much at work. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit have not ceased to work amongst men. God, through redemption, is still working today in order to fulfil the reason for which the world was created.

There are many people who in the name of having faith have refused to do anything productive with their hands. They resign to fate and live their lives by chance. That was not the example God laid when He created the world. Despite His sovereignty, His work was still threatened by darkness and it was in the process of still working, that He pronounced the appearance of light. God went through the process of forming man and breathing into his nostrils, before man could become a living soul. God had to grow every tree in the garden before asking man to tender it. If God worked and is still working, what excuses do you have not to work?

Life is beautiful when you are committed to your work. Moses, Daniel and Paul were men who worked for the intellectual good of their time. They had to work hard to know a great deal about the world and the times they were in. through hard work they knew what their contemporaries did not know and this was why they remained relevant till the end of their lives. We should be ready through hard-work to contribute to the church and our immediate environment.

There is so much beauty in working. Jesus did not avoid work and it sustained Him. He said that His food was to do the will of God and to accomplish His work (John 4:34). Philippians 2:12-13 enjoins us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who is at work in us both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

People are not ready to work any longer. They want to loaf around and settle for overnight miracles, but God does not operate that way. There are principles that must be followed for certain blessings to come your way, and stay permanently. Hard-work does not kill, and those who avoid hard-work at the time they are supposed to embrace it will end up with a hard life. Have you not seen people who at the age when they are supposed to be retired, still struggled to get menial job? Before Jesus healed that man who was born blind in John 9:1-3, Jesus rubbed clay on the man’s face which he had to wash off before the physical laws could be set aside in order for him to experience the supernatural law of God. If he had not followed the instructions of Jesus, he would not have been healed. Paul also said

“Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily. Colossians 1:29

I want to assure you that as you obey this divine instruction, things will begin to work for you.

KEY POINT:

He who does not work hard now, will retire into hardship later.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 8:31-10:21 and Job 31:16-28

'Politics Of 6 yards Wrapper' Gov. Obiano's Wife Gives Hundreds Of Women 6yards Of Wrapper To Support Umeh's Senatorial Ambition

 
Wife of the Anambra State Governor, Chief Mrs. Ebelechukwu Obiano has called on indigenes and residents of Amawbia town especially the women to turn out en mass during the Anambra Central Senatorial election and cast their votes for the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate for Anambra Central, Chief Sir Victor Umeh.
The wife of the governor made the plea Tuesday at the APGA Campaign Rally held at Eziokpala-Igwe Square Amawbia, Anambra State.
Chief Mrs. Obiano said that she insisted on coming to the Rally to join ndi Amawbia whom she described as "our good landlords who are supporting APGA and our governor to spread the message of peace and progress for all."
Extolling the virtues and qualities of the former APGA National Chairman and Senatorial Candidate, Chief Mrs. Obiano, stated:‎ " We need courageous people like Sir Victor Umeh ‎who will stand firm and speak for our people. As women we have a duty to ensure that he is elected and the best way to achieve that is to cast our vote and protect it to ensure it counts."
She noted that by the grace of God who made possible the good works of Governor Willie Obiano which is acknowledged by ndi Anambra and indeed the rest of Nigeria, APGA has come to stay and is waxing strong. Thus Mrs. Obiano surmised in "APGA we have nothing to fear nor do we owe anyone apologies. Only God dictates our path which is service to our people."
‎In his own remarks, National Chairman of APGA, Chief Sir Victor Oye,‎ said that APGA is already ordained for greatness and charged the party faithful to stand firm and work hard for the progress of the party at both state and national levels.

Day 2: #LagosSchoolGirlsAbductionAmbode still silent 24hrs after gunmen abduct three Lagos schoolgirls

 
Parents and pupils of Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary School in Ikorodu, Lagos (below left) the classroom where the pupils were attacked... on Tuesday
With almost 48 hours gone since the abduction of three Lagos  schoolgirls on Monday night and the widely circulated information, Omonaijablog can authoritatively report that neither the Lagos State governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, nor his representatives had visited the school as of 8pm on Tuesday.
The state government had also yet to make a statement on the abduction.
It was learnt that the pupils were studying in the Science and Technology Block for their examinations near the hostel around 8pm on Monday when the gunmen, said to be about 15 in number, stormed the premises, shooting sporadically.
The bandits, one of whom was said to be masked, were reported to have been resisted by some male students.
The students, however, had to beat a retreat when the hoodlums inflicted machete cuts on one of the male students.
The arrival of the school’s security men, who joined the students, forced the invaders to flee.
The bandits reportedly escaped with the three girls, said to be in senior classes, through the fence after failed attempts by the school security guards and some of the pupils to resist the abduction.
Meanwhile, parents of the pupils of the school have blamed the abduction of three schoolgirls of the college on security lapses in the school.
The parents lamented that the low perimeter fence of the school and inadequate presence of security personnel at the hostel end, where the pupils were abducted, posed little or no barrier to the hoodlums.
Checks round the school on Tuesday, showed that the fence borders a site, which houses several uncompleted buildings, with bush paths criss-crossing most of the areas.
Some panic-stricken parents hurriedly took their children away from the school on Tuesday while refusing to speak with any any journalist when approached for their reactions.
Many of the parents blamed the school authorities for not providing adequate security within the boarding area.
An angry parent, who refused to give her name, said she would not allow her daughter to sleep in the school’s hostel on Tuesday.
Another parent said the authorities concentrated security arrangements at the entrance to the school while there was none within the hostel area.
She said, “I am not going to accept any excuses from the school authorities on this abduction. We should do the right thing. They are supposed to have ensured adequate security in the hostel area of the school. The fence is too low and anybody can enter the school freely.”
A woman, who said her child was in JSS2, claimed there was a similar incident in the school a few months ago, but said there were no victims.
“There had been attempts to attack the school before now. The principal called all the pupils and warned them to be vigilant and report suspicious movements,” she said.
Some of the parents in broken voices and teary eyes also gathered to pray for the safe release of the abducted pupils.
“This is sabotage. Everything is under control and we believe that those children would return very soon. We have seen our children and we pray that those abducted would be rescued safely,” a parent, Mrs. Biola Ategbole, said.
The school authorities declined to speak with journalists on the incident and turned down enquiries on the identities of the victims, though one of our correspondents heard an official of the school describing the abducted girls as pastors’ children.
They also warned parents of the abducted children not to speak to the press.
The distraught principal of the school, Ven Olaoluwa Adeyemi, was seen in company with some officials moving towards the entrance to the school.
The school authorities, in a text message to the parents, stated, ‘‘Dearly beloved parents, the unfortunate incident reported is under control and the three parents have been contacted.
“Please continue to pray with us and we assure you that all will be well. Kindly keep calm, your children are safe.’’
The Bishop of Badagry Diocese, one of the owners of the school, Babatunde Adeyemi, said he did not want to speak on the abduction until the children were rescued safely.
“I have no story to tell you. We don’t discuss such issue on the pages of newspapers. When God has settled the case, we will keep you informed,” he said in an interview on the telephone with one of our correspondents on Tuesday.
When The PUNCH called the principal for an update at about 9.20pm on Tuesday, he said he was in a crucial meeting.
Describing the attack, a security guard, who did not give his name, said the guards could not withstand the weapons of the bandits.
He added, “When I heard the first gunshot, I thought it was a banger. Before I knew what was happening, they had entered the classroom.
‘‘We tried our best but they were fully armed. If they were not carrying guns, they would not have escaped because some pupils tried to obstruct them, not minding the guns. The gunmen were about 15.”
A commercial motorcyclist, who identified himself only as Akpan, said Adamo Road, which links the school, was blocked around 6pm on Monday, adding that the area was deserted.
Akpan stated, “The road leading to the school was blocked and deserted yesterday (Monday) around 6pm which was unusual. The operation was well planned. I learnt there was a similar attack on the school about a month ago but it failed. Something has to be done to the security of the school.”
No fewer than 10 armed policemen were on the school premises as of 3pm when our correspondents left the school.
The Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos, Bala Hassan, and Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, visited the school and assured the management that efforts were ongoing to rescue the pupils alive.
After a closed-door meeting with the parents and the school management, the AIG said the police had got useful information on the location of the abductors, adding that the police were working with other security agencies to secure the pupils’ release.
Hassan added, “They (pupils) are preparing for exams and went to the classroom to read and revise. It was in the process that the hoodlums came, armed with Ak47, and started shooting sporadically and took three of them.
‘‘The security forces jointly are doing everything possible to ensure that the three children abducted are rescued in good health. We have also given assurance of adequate security on the premises so that learning will continue.
‘‘I have got some lead information from the commissioner of police and everything is on course. The deployment has not changed and Ogun State Command has been contacted to make sure that that place is fully secured.’’
“For now, we want to keep the identities of the children to our chest and see what we can do today or tomorrow. I want to assure you that the security forces are on top of the situation.”
The CP and some naval officers in a helicopter conducted an aerial surveillance of the school vicinity for about 30 minutes.
Asked what was the outcome of the surveillance, Owoseni said, “Investigation is still ongoing. I cannot say more than that for now.”
Meanwhile, many Nigerians and groups have condemned the abduction of the three female pupils, describing the action as outrageous.
The kidnap, they said, portended a dangerous trend as well as the state of insecurity in the country.
The President, Nigeria Union of Teachers, Mr. Michael Alogba, while condemning the abduction, described it as barbaric.
According to him, the action is enough to warrant increased security awareness and conferences in the nation’s schools immediately.
Alogba stated in a text message to one of our correspondents, “The action is barbaric and condemnable. People should increase their security awareness. Parents and schools should also commence conferences and seminars on security immediately.”
The Lagos NUT Chairman, Mr. Segun Raheem, who likened the action to the kidnap of the over 200 Chibok girls in April, 2014, said such act should not be allowed to continue in the nation’s schools.
Raheem, while urging the government to check the action as well as frequent harassment, assault and attacks on teachers and pupils, noted that the crime would create a culture of fear in schools.
Also, the immediate past Secretary of the All Nigerian Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools, Mr. Kelvin Nwankwo, who described the incident as unfortunate, urged the police and other security agencies to be awake to their responsibilities.
He urged Nigerians to pray for the pupils and their parents.
A Psychology lecturer at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Dr. Adeboye Ayinde, noted that the affected pupils and their parents would not easily forget the trauma.
Ayinde, who called for increased surveillance in schools, advised parents not to take their children to environment that was notorious for nefarious activities.
Additional information from Punch